- after 30 years of investment, the law of diminishing returns means productivity has collapsed and growth for any community will be below the last 100 years or approach zero. For example, GDP growth is unlikely to ever exceed 1.8% in the Information Age
- society has been reduced to transferring wealth between communities, rather than creating wealth for all communities
- only restructuring human time and attention can achieve a rapid jump in productivity and growth
- the first generation has used the internet within society. The next generation will use the internet to reshape society.
- A Wisdom Network is web applications that organises a communities in peer to peer structure over the internet and coordinates a six stage process to achieve wisdom
- Wisdom Books allow an individual to share knowledge and organise wisdom about any “thing” in real-time
- Network Society makes the individual the foundation of society in a web of interconnected transparent, merit-based digital communities
- We can deliver a Wisdom Network in 5 days … within 90-180 days you can empower your community with transparency, accessibility, meritocracy, productivity and growth
- Society returns to creating wealth and prosperity
World class Wisdom Network
Wisdom Networks enable the Network Society. We aim to build the worlds best Wisdom Network that can be launched anywhere by anyone. We can currently deliver a base wisdom network in a day to be customised and launched within 90-180 days by a community. We expect the timeframe to launch to shrink over time. We would prefer to kickstart your wisdom network in a week, and get out of your way. We aim to inpsire and support a wave of wisdom. We need your help to make wisdom, wisdom networks and the Network Society a reality.
“The network society is a social structure based on networks operated by information and communication technologies based on microelectronics and digital computer networks that generate, process and distribute information via the nodes of the networks. The network society can be defined as a social formation with an infrastructure of social and media networks enabling its prime mode of organization at all levels (individual, group, organizational and societal) … the individual linked by networks is becoming the basic unit of the network society.” – Wikipedia
National Wisdom Network (NWN) enables the Network Society
The National Wisdom Network (NWN) is the singular cloud-based network to organise wisdom (knowledge and collaboration focused on outcomes) across government, corporates, individuals, industry (health, education, financial markets and management) and other communities within a country.
We would prefer to kickstart your wisdom network in a week, and get out of your way
Our purpose is to kickstart Wisdom Networks, rather than be a supplier. We aim to deliver, and then “get out of the way” unlike other suppliers who aim to create dependence. We would prefer to spend a year starting 52 wisdom networks (one per week), rather than spend the whole year at an organisation, because our aspiration is to crowd create the Network Society by starting a wave of wisdom.
A Week with you to kickstart wisdom
During a week with a client, we would implement a base NWN, supply 60 hours of online video training and then provide ongoing support (if necessary). Of course, we can provide more services.
Attributes of the Wisdom Network and National Wisdom Network (NWN) platform:
- Low Total Cost of Ownership: The TCO of the NWN’s underlying software is at least 25% of proprietary software.
- 5 years to create this Wisdom Management System (WMS): over five years, we created a WMS to focus the Wisdom of Crowds. We are not aware of any other. This represents a headstart on NWN efforts.
- Innovation: there are thousands of community extensions available now to expand and extend the WMS from the CMS’s community.
- Support: you are free to choose or change your WMS support organisation from a global CMS community. My primary value proposition is to implement not support.
- Your team could be empowered to create their own NWN in a short period: With ten hours of video training, your team (internal or external) can add “things”, define “book”, add forms and change communities.
- Flexible platform with which to create new Wisdom Networks or NWN platforms.
Based on the World’s best Enterprise CMS: Wisdom Networks (and the NWN) are based upon the worlds largest and, arguably, best open source Content Management system.
Assembling open source tools … to create open source solutions
It makes sense. The open source community has produced tools which rival, and probably exceed, the quality of proprietary software. We have assembled these open source tools to create an open source solution. The solution is a Wisdom Network. The Wisdom Network deals with the underlying problem.
The underlying problem is the nature of information itself
The underlying problem is that information is isolated, communities are opaque and deriving profit from information discourages the inevitable and necessary shift to transparency, access and a prevailing meritocracy which is the environment in which wisdom can be achieved.
Wisdom Networks deliver transparency, global access and meritocracy across every community in a person to person network.
Downloadable by a generation of entrepreneurs, organisations and others
It is also fair to say that we will truly finish our Wisdom Network or National Wisdom Network (NWN) shortly. It will be good enough for a programmer to download, install themselves, and turn on and off the various communities. We are not quite at the stage of offering a red Download button on our web site, but we will get there.
The prospect of turnkey Wisdom Networks (including the NWN) being so readily accessible for the global community is an exciting prospect. In fact, to build the Networked Society, wisdom networks need to be ubiquitous, readily available and interoperable that only a common platform can deliver.
Interoperability is critical in the Networked Society. What could be more interoperable than using the world’s dominant enterprise CMS and exchanging “things” amongst home and enterprises.
Future: Cloud, consumer and distributed … and open source
The forecast from many is that the world will change. There are common themes. The digital world will be cloud based. It will focus on the consumer. The world will be distributed. However, we don’t see a technology or business model that captures all three. Wisdom Networks are one approach.
A Network Society could not occur without free (or Open source) software
I am also of the view that the future will be built on open source for three reasons. Firstly, open source communities supply software at a lower total cost of ownership and lower commercial risk. Second, a large open source software offers a continuous flow of innovation and maintenance updates to ensure security and privacy. Third, the large installed base and ready availability of open source software means easier integration for participants in a Network Society.
Freedom of information
We are buoyed by a trend in government to pass legislation that allows freedom of information.
Creating the Wisdom Network category
We need to create the Wisdom Network and the NWN category. We will release slide share presentations. We will try to explain them in detail (ie large presentations). We will try to make them digestible (ie short presentations).
We will service those riding a Wisdom wave
The purpose of the Wisdom Networks web site (after login) is to empower a generation to, quite literally, change the world. There will be a Leader account for Leaders, and business templates for entrepreneurs.
A community of Wisdom Network operators (or WMS users)
It is my intention to build a community of Wisdom Networks operated by enterprise. We will support them with private groups on our web site.
Logo: Open source software update available
Wisdom Networks are an available software update to the organisational structure, management processes, information technology, collaboration and introduces a peer to peer structure to the community.